About iQ Toys
Who is iQ Toys?
Photo courtesy of re:Think magazine
iQ Toys is an exciting toy store based in Mount Maunganui, New Zealand. iQ Toys was established in 1996 and is owned and operated by Shane & Suzette Loomb. We started iQ Toys because we LOVE toys! (we're just big kids really).
We also saw many fabulous toys in our travels overseas that weren't available in the 'traditional' toy stores in New Zealand. We are always on the lookout for educational toys that are unique and most importantly FUN!
In 2011, we formed LeftBrain Group Limited. LeftBrain Group is the parent company to iQ Toys and our other online retail stores: Baby Universe (www.babyuniverse.co.nz); Gumboot (www.gumboot.co.nz); and I Want That (www.iwantthat.co.nz).
Back To Top
How can we contact you?
You can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org Back To Top
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
PO Box 5478
Or, if you like you can phone us Mon-
Fri 9am to 5pm or Saturday
10.30am-4.30pm on 0800-iQ TOYS
(0800-478697) for New Zealand
customers or +64 7 572 3518 for
Do you have a shop?
Yes! We have an outlet shop/warehouse at 66 Aviation Avenue, Mt Maunganui.Back To Top
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm
Sat 10.30am to 4.30pm
How does the order process work?
1. When you see an item you want to buy, click on the "Add to Cart" button. This places the toy in an electronic shopping cart. Back To Top
2. If you would like to see the items in your shopping cart click the text 'Shopping Cart' or the picture of the shopping cart in the top right hand corner of our website and your shopping cart will appear. Your shopping cart can be viewed whenever you like and as many times as you like.
3. When you are satisfied with the items in your shopping cart click on "Click here to checkout" button in the shopping cart or "Order now" button at the very top right of the screen to go to the checkout or payment screens.
4. In Checkout, if you are an existing customer, simply enter you email address and password. Your delivery details will be automatically updated but you will still need to enter your credit card details as we do not store these in our database. If you are a new customer we will ask you for your name, invoice address, delivery address (if different to your address), and credit card details. There is also an option to order without setting up an account which some customers find preferable.
5. The checkout pages are broken into three pages and only take a few minutes to complete. Step 1 is where you chose to order using an account or without setting up an account. Step 2 is where you enter your details and the recipients details (if applicable). If the order is going directly to you then select 'Same as Invoice Details' in the recipients details section halfway down the page. Clicking 'Proceed to Next Step' at the bottom of the page will take you to Step 3 of the checkout. At this page you can also select to have your order giftwrapped and can even request that a free card be included ( you can type in a message which will be added to your card). At the bottom of this page is a selector box which by default is set to Credit Card Payment. If you click on the selector on the box on the right hand side of this box you can select to pay by internet banking. Once you have selected your prefered payment method click 'Proceed to Next Step'
6. This will take you to the Step 4 of the checkout which summarises your previous information and has a section for you to enter your credit card details. Once you have looked everything over, click on 'Make Payment' and a page will appear that confirms your order, and provides you an order reference number should you have any queries regarding the status of your order. You will be contacted shortly afterwards by one of our customer service staff who will also confirm your order and any particular details pertaining to your order.
How do I purchase Gift Vouchers?
Simply type "eGift" or "gift voucher" in the Back To Top
product search box that appears at the
top of our website. A gift voucher image
will appear with short description. If you
click on the gift voucher image then
further information will be displayed.
Select the voucher value that you would
like to purchase or click 'Custom Amount'
to enter your own gift voucher value.
Next, click the 'Add to Cart' button.
Clicking the 'Add to Cart' button will add
the gift voucher to your shopping cart.
Do you hold stock of all the toys on your site?
Everything that you see on our site with 'In Stock Now' and a green tick is in stock in our huge warehouse and available for immediate delivery to you. On the odd occasion we may sell out of a particular item. If this happens we will post a message next to the item saying that the item is out of stock and will normally try to provide an indication of when it will be back in stock. Back To Top
What are the shipping costs?
New Zealand delivery: Postage and handling for orders sent anywhere in mainland New Zealand (including Waiheke Island) is NZ$4.99 (no matter how many items). If you spend over $99 you'll receive free postage and handling within New Zealand
Delivery overseas and to outlying New Zealand islands: Prior to sending your order we will email you to confirm the total cost including airmail or courier postage.
Back To Top
Do you delivery to overseas destinations?
Yes! In fact we have customers in Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Japan, South Africa, Switzerland and Hong Kong (the list keeps getting bigger!). Many of our overseas customers place orders for friends and relatives living in Australia & New Zealand. We can giftwrap your order and include a card with a message of your choice. Prior to sending your order we will email you to confirm the total cost including airmail or courier postage. Most orders can be delivered to Australia within 3-5 days and to the rest of the world within 2 weeks.Back To Top
What are the normal delivery times?
Our normal delivery times are:
Back To Top
- Auckland, Waikato/Bay of Plenty: Overnight*
- North Island other: 1-2 days*
- South Island: 1-3 days*
- Australia: 3-5 days
- USA & Canada: 6-8 days
- UK & Europe: 8-10 days
- Asia: 5-6 days
- *Note: Please allow 1 extra day for delivery to rural locations
Do you have an urgent delivery service?
Yes! When you place your order type in a message to say that it is urgent in the box for other order details. For New Zealand orders, we will send your order overnight for North Island orders and within 2 days for South Island orders. In some instances for small parcels to the South Island we can also offer an overnight service. Our customer service staff will contact you and advise you of the method of shipping and the additional cost (if applicable). For overseas orders, we will email you with a quote for international courierpost and an estimated delivery time prior to despatching your order.Back To Top
What do I do if I have a query with my order?
All orders will be confirmed by email by one of our customer service staff shortly after we receive your order. At the time of placing your order you will be automatically notified of an order tracking number. If you have a query email us at email@example.com quoting your order tracking number and/or name and delivery address. One of our customer service staff will then respond promptly to your query.Back To Top
Do you provide giftwrapping?
Yes! We can giftwrap your order in baby, birthday, Christmas or plain wrap. This option can be selected at the checkout. We charge $2.99 per item for giftwrapping to cover the costs of this service (we use premium wrap).
Unfortunately, we are unable to wrap very large items as the wrap tends to get badly damaged in transit. You can also request that a FREE card be included and type in a message which will be added to your card.Back To Top
How do I pay for my order?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Diners, and Amex credit cards. You can also pay by internet banking - there is an option at checkout where you can select internet banking and you will be notified of the total amount to pay and our bank details.Back To Top
We also select payments by Paypal to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you do giftwrapping?
Yes! We use premium quality birthday and christmas wrap but charge $2.99 per item for this service as a cost recovery. This option can be selected at the checkout. Unfortunately, we are unable to wrap very large items as the wrap tends to get badly damaged in transit.Back To Top
What is a Wishlist?
A wishlist is a list which you can create to show products you are interested in. Once created, you can edit this list, add comments beside each product and email it to friends or relatives. You need to register an account to setup a wishlist but its quite easy and this is a free service that you can use as much as you like whenever you like. Back To Top
How do I set up a Wishlist?
When you click the small image for any product in our range, a larger image is displayed with more information about the product. If you are logged into your account you will notice that there are two tabs near the product price information. Click on the tab that says 'Show Wishlist Buttons'. A drop down selector box appears allowing you to select which wishlist you would like to add the item to (only if you have multiple active wishlists). After selecting the wishlist you would like to add the item to click the 'Add to Wishlist' button to add the product to your wishlist. The page will refresh and the item will be added to your wishlist. Click on the 'Wishlist' text in the account options box the very top of the screen if you would like to view the item in your wishlist.Back To Top
Can I use my existing iQ Toys account to create a wishlist?
YES! The wishlist feature is configured to use your existing iQ Toys account. If you don't have an iQ Toys account login, just click the 'login' link in the account options box at the very top of the screen to register an account with us. Back To Top
Does Professor Potter exist?
Why yes of course...somewhere!Back To Top
Need further help?
Call us now on 0800-iQ TOYS (0800-478697) for New Zealand customers or +64 7 572 3518 for overseas customers.Back To Top
What is your returns policy?
At iQ Toys we want you to be happy with our service and the products you have received. If, within 30 days of the original order, you’re not satisfied with your purchase we will exchange an item - provided the article is returned to us new, unassembled and unused.Back To Top
Items received as gifts are eligible for exchange or credit, under the same conditions.
To ensure you get a refund, please contact our customer services team prior to returning an item. Contact email@example.com , live chat us on our website or freephone 0800 478697 to discuss arrangements with our customer service team.
Return the item in original packaging, with a note indicating your name and who you have spoken with. Please also ensure it is packed carefully so there is no damage during the shipping process.
Once the item is safely received and checked by us we’ll despatch a selected item in exchange, or if you prefer, a refund to the purchaser. Shipping and gift wrapping charges are not refundable unless we establish there was an error on our part.
What do I do if a product is faulty?
Please notify us immediately. Do not return the item to us initially. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone 0800 478697 to describe the problem (we may be able to help resolve it over the phone). Small/medium sized toys generally have a 90 day implied warranty, larger items usually have a 1-year warranty. Often there are supplier guarantees to be activated, and we will assist with these. We may decide to issue a replacement item or if a suitable replacement is not available we may refund the purchase cost. If we decide the item should be returned to us, we will advise the arrangements for this.Back To Top
Do you have Gift Vouchers?
Yes we do! We offer you the ability to send an electronic gift voucher "eGift" voucher as well as a gift card sent by snail mail. The advantage of the electronic eGift voucher is its fast (in most cases your recipient will receive it within 1-2 hours!).Back To Top
How do I purchase Gift Vouchers?
Simply type "eGift" or "vouchers" in the product search box at the top of the screen. A product called "Gift Voucher $10" will be displayed. To send a Gift Voucher for $100 type "10" in the quantity box that appears alongside the 'Add to Cart' button. Clicking the 'Add to Cart' button will then add 10x Gift Vouchers of $10 each to your shopping cart. Follow the normal steps to proceed with your order through the checkout pages.Back To Top
How do I redeem a Gift Voucher?
You will receive an email from us containing a link to activate your Gift Voucher. This email will contain details about who purchased the voucher for you and may even contain a message from them. If you have received a gift card in the mail, the card will include a unique code and the iQ Toys website address where the code can be entered to activate the gift voucher. Back To Top
Once the voucher is activated you are able to add items to your shopping cart. If your order value if for less than the total value of the Gift Voucher, the remaining balance is held and able to be used by you at a later date. If the value of items in your order exceeds the value of your voucher then you will have the option to pay the balance by credit card or internet banking.
Do you offer layby?
Yes we have an automatic layby service called iLayby. You can create a layby online, check the remaining balance of your layby, initiate a payment, or look at previous layby orders using iLayby. For more information on how our iLayby service works click here. Back To Top